Thursday, April 17, 2008

Juno

My long lost aunt Sheri, whom I miss dearly, just posted a blog about Gnarls Barkley. Not my favorite, but nonetheless entertaining.
Well, reading that made me focus on what I was listening to, which happens to be the soundtrack to the movie Juno.

If you haven't seen Juno yet, rent it as soon as possible. Ellen Page's character is one of the most refreshingly teenage-esque characters that I have seen in film lately. Thankfully, it seems society has gotten past assuming all white female teenagers are all like, totally, valley girls.

Anyways, the music in Juno is this folky music that makes me think of hippies in a van somewhere in California. My favorites are undoubtedly "All I want is you" by Barry Louis Polisar and "Anyone else but you" by the Moldy Peaches. "Tire Swing" by Kimya Dawson gets a notable mention also.

It's this perfectly fresh and upbeat music that is best listened to on a sunny day with your windows down in your car. It's happy, silly, and not too heavy.

So far, the Juno and Titanic soundtracks are the best on my list.

4 comments:

Sheri Nugent said...

Jordan!! Yeah!! You joined our blogging club!! This is so awesome. I'm adding a link to your blog on mine and will read yours everyday. I can't remember if I gave you Morgan and Taylor's blog addresses but they are linked on my blog also.

Question: tell me please the reference for "I know, he knows, that I'm not fond of asking"?

Love you!

Sheri

Taylor said...

Very exciting! As my fabulous friend Emily says, "Welcome to the blogosphere."

XOXO
Taylor

Taylor said...

PS You have to watch Juno, I just bought it and it is pretty much the best movie ever!

Lori Emmerton said...

I haven't joined the "blog" club yet, but love reading everyone's! Loved Juno as it was our Christmas movie this last year...